Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for admission into the EFDA program?
- How long is the EFDA program at Stark State College?
- Are there any pre-requisites prior to admission into the EFDA (certificate track) program?
- What is the cost of the program?
- How do I apply for the EFDA program?
- How do I obtain additional information?
How long is the EFDA program at Stark State College?
Most students finish the program in as little as 2 semesters (certificate recipients). Degree seeking individuals should expect to complete 5 semesters as a full time student to achieve an Associate of Technical Studies degree.
Are there any pre-requisites prior to admission into the EFDA (certificate track) program?
Other than proper professional certification/licensure, the only other requirement (pertains to CDA candidates only) is that one must have practiced for one full year as a chair-side dental assistant immediately preceding application to the EFDA program.
- Request official high school/college transcripts
- Complete the Compass placement test
- BCI/FBI background check through SSC security office
- Complete college application
- Complete Compass placement exam
- Have "official" high school (and college if applicable) transcripts forwarded to the college
- Complete BCI/FBI background check at the security office
- Complete program application
- Nancy Woodruff, RDH, EFDA
- 330-494-6170 ext. 4506