- Completed: January 2006
A major gift from the Fred F. Silk Foundation enabled the renovation of the Stark State College Auditorium into a state-of-the-art meeting room, classroom and community room.
The new Silk Auditorium is regularly used by Stark State's nursing classes as well as other large lecture classes. In addition, it continues to serve as a venue for College and community events.
- 228 total seat, including 103 seminar-style seats (tables and chairs)
- Hard-wired access to the Internet and student computing network in the seminar seating
- Wireless access to the Internet and student computing network throughout the auditorium
- State-of-the-art multimedia with instructor control capability
- Fully equipped instructor's teaching station with built-in media cabinet, instructor PC with printer and document camera
- Different levels of lighting to accommodate classroom as well as auditorium use
- Handicap accessible seating
- State-of-the-art sound system and cameras
- Audio and video capabilities outside the auditorium to accommodate overflow crowds
AUDITORIUM RENOVATION PHOTOS
* Project began: October 2005