Applying and Registering for Classes
For First-time Students
- Enrollment Checklist (PDF)
APPLY FOR ADMISSION to the College. You can apply online, through the mail or in person at the Registration Office (S308).
FINANCIAL AID process should begin as early as possible.
- File for federal financial aid or student loans online or through the Financial Aid Office (S308)
- Apply for Federal Work Study through the Financial Aid Office (S308)
- File for National Guard Benefits through the Financial Aid Office (S308)
- Reapply for veteran benefits through the Registration Office (S308)
SUBMIT the following to the Registration Office. You need to submit these documents before you can be admitted to the College:
- Official high school transcript or GED scores. You should contact your high school to obtain these records. You can use our transcript request form.
- Official copies of other college transcripts You should obtain these from the other colleges or universities you have attended. You can use our transcript request form.
- The transcripts will be evaluated to determine which courses will transfer into the College.
- Students applying for a health program must meet other requirements. Click here for details.
- ACT/SAT SCORES (if possible)
- SELECTIVE SERVICE
Males between the age of 18 and 26 must supply the College with their Selective Service number. To register or obtain a number go to http://www.sss.gov – or you can call:
- (toll free) 1-847-688-2573 - or
- (toll free) 1-847-688-6888
SCHEDULE an appointment with the Office of Admissions/Student Services (S305, 330-966-5450) to complete the COMPASS assessment (pre-admission placement).
- Testing times are as follows:
Monday - Thursday at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.
- If you took the COMPASS assessment at another college or university, have the results sent to the Office of Admissions/Student Services.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with an admissions counselor in Room S305 to review COMPASS assessment results, select a major and develop a student learning plan.
REGISTER for classes in the Registration Office (S308).
REVIEW your registration confirmation (student schedule) for correct classes, days, times, payment deadline dates, refunds and other deadlines.
MAKE FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS for payment online, by mail or in person. You must complete this step even if you have financial aid. Click here for payment options.
PRIOR TO START OF CLASSES bring a copy of your schedule to Stark State's bookstore (G105) to purchase books and supplies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and other resources can be found here.