Recognition Ceremony Guide
Fall 2013 Certificate Recognition Ceremony
OBR One-Year Certificate and Career Enhancement Certificate Ceremony
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 6 p.m.
Candidates should arrive at 5:15 p.m. in M100.
The ceremony will last approximately 30 minutes.
Admission to the certificate ceremony does not require a ticket; however, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. It is recommended that candidates limit their guests to four.
- Gentlemen – black slacks, dress shoes, white shirt & tie. No sport or tennis shoes please.
- Ladies – black dress, skirt, or slacks & white shirt. Conservative height heels are recommended.
- Line Up: Candidates will go to the check-in table to receive their seating assignment. Please do not bring any personal items with you that you cannot carry on you.
Candidates and guests requiring accommodation assistance because of a disability should call the Disabilities Services at 330-966-5450 ext. 4423, V/TDD 330-966-5451 by Monday, December 9. Seating areas are available for guests who use wheelchairs or cannot climb stairs with family seating in nearby seats.
Certificates are typically posted to the transcripts within 7 days of the end of the semester. If you order a transcript before your certificate is posted, mark the request to indicate that the transcript should be sent after the certificate/degree is posted.
Certificates will be mailed a couple weeks after the ceremony. Please be sure that your address is up-to date.
Tips for an Extraordinary Ceremony:
- Leave personal items like coats with your guests. There are no facilities available for storing these items during ceremony.
- Arrive early enough to allow adequate time to line up with your department.
- There is no formal rehearsal for the ceremony, although a detailed explanation of the ceremony will be reviewed outside of M100.
- Direct your guest to the seating area when you arrive.
- Dress appropriately for this special occasion.