Site Index A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W

Returning Students

Registering for Classes
For Returning Students

SCHEDULE an advising appointment with your assigned academic advisor or the department chair of your program. You can locate your assigned advisor on mystarkstate on your "My Stuff" page >> "Academic Profile" portlet.

If you expect to utilize any type of financial aid, begin the process as early as possible.

    • File for federal financial aid or student loans online at or through the Financial Aid Office (S308).
    • Apply for Federal Work Study through the Financial Aid Office (S308).
    • File for National Guard benefits through the Financial Aid Office (S308).
    • Reapply for veteran benefits through the Registration Office (S308).

REGISTER for classes either via mystarkstate or in person at the Registration Office (S308). You can only register via the Web if you are a returning student who is in good standing at the College. Web registration can be accessed from any Web-enabled computer and from the open lab, the Registration Office and the Office of Admissions/Student Services at the College.

NOTIFY the Registration Office of change of name, address, or major.

REVIEW your registration confirmation (student schedule) for correct classes, days, times, payment deadline dates, refunds and other deadlines.

MAKE FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS for payment online, by mail or in person. You must complete this step even if you have financial aid. Click here for payment options.

PRIOR TO START OF CLASSES bring a copy of your schedule to Stark State’s bookstore (G105) to purchase books and supplies.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and other resources can be found on mystarkstate.