Student Rights and Responsibilities Information
You have the right to:
- Know how your financial need is determined, including the cost of attendance, and how your family contribution is determined.
- Know how and when you will receive student aid.
- Request an explanation of the type and amount of financial aid you are receiving.
- If you have a loan-- know the type, the interest rate, amount to be repaid, when you must begin repayment and other cancellation and deferment provisions.
- If you are offered a Federal Work Study job-- know the kind of job, what hours you must work, what your duties will be and how and when you will be paid.
- Discuss your financial aid package with a representative of the Financial Aid Office.
- Know how the college determines if you are making satisfactory progress and what happens if you are not.
You are required to:
- Report any scholarship, fee waiver, loan, grant, employment earnings or other financial benefits which you receive from any source other than Stark State College. Such benefits, if not already taken into consideration, may result in a revision or cancellation of other financial aid benefits.
- Provide all documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office or other agencies.
- Read and understand all forms that you are asked to sign and maintain copies of them.
- Know and comply with all deadlines for application and re-application for financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) correctly, and submit it two to three months prior to the semester you plan to attend.
- Follow-up on any corrections or adjustments as requested.
- Accept responsibility for all loan promissory notes and other agreements that you sign.
- Understand loan obligations and make repayment as required.
- Notify your lender(s) of any changes in your name, address or enrollment status if you have a loan. Upon dropping below half-time, complete and submit exit loan information..
- Perform in a satisfactory manner work agreed upon for Federal Work Study jobs.
- Know and comply with the school's refund procedure.
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
Financial Aid Records
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (the Buckley Amendment) provides student access to educational records and limits dissemination of such information without the student's consent. Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, you have the right to inspect your financial aid file. You may review information in our financial aid file and receive copies and information upon written request.
Release of Financial Aid Information to Another Agency
You must complete and sign a Financial Aid Release Form before any information will be released to another agency. On the release form, you must indicate for which semester(s) you want the financial aid information released. You must allow 10 days for this processing. Information regarding fees and Bookstore charges must be obtained from the Business Office. Your signature on a loan application authorizes Stark State College to release to the lending institution, subsequent holder, the guarantor, U.S. Department of Education, or their agents, any requested information pertinent to student loan(s).
For additional information about Stark State College of Technology, facilities, programs or eligibility requirements, please refer to the College Catalog or call the Admissions Office at 330-966-5450.
- Information regarding the College's drug prevention program may be obtained from the Provost.