Background Checks for Health Programs
- Criminal Background checks will be conducted prior to application to a health program.
- Both an FBI and a BCII check will be done.
- The results can take up to 45 days to process (new or updated)
- Certain offenses (even if not listed below) may disqualify you from:
- completing clinical/practicum training in the program
- taking licensure/certification examinations
- gaining employment in the field
To complete a background check:
- Review the program requirements to determine if you need to complete a background check
- Visit the Safety and Security website
- Schedule an appointment with the Stark State Safety and Security Office located on the first floor of the Student Services Building