Steps to Receiving Services from DSS
Individuals with disabilities are eligible to receive services from DSS to access programs and services at Stark State College.
To receive academic accommodations, students should complete the Stark State admissions process. DSS staff can help you with this process if necessary.
- Complete the Admissions Application for Stark State College
- Contact the Admissions office at 330-494-6170, ext. 4382, to schedule an appointment to take the college entrance exam, the Compass test. If you need accommodations for this test, please contact DSS at 330-494-6170, ext. 4935.
- Complete the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) if you intend to use federal student aid.
- Complete the DSS Student Application.
- Provide verification of your disability from your high school, an agency, physician, psychologist, or other licensed professional to the DSS office. If you do not have documentation of your disability, you may download the Disability Verification form or obtain it from DSS staff. If you need assistance in requesting documentation from previous colleges, high schools or another agency, we can assist you.
- Schedule an appointment with a DSS counselor in Room S307 of the main campus or call 330-494-6170, ext. 4935. Please bring your DSS application and documentation verifying your disability to your appointment. The documentation will be reviewed and appropriate accommodations discussed.