Do You Need Help?
The information on this page is designed to guide you through several self-help remedies for fixing your problem. If you must contact the Help Desk to resolve your issue, please refer to the "Contacting Help Desk" list below to be sure you provide the necessary information to most quickly and accurately resolve your situation.
Contacting Help Desk
When contacting the Help Desk, please provide the following information:
- Your contact information (First and Last Name, Email, Phone)
- Stark State College Email account name (if known)
- Your userID (ie. jsmith0615)
- The course name and CRN in which you are experiencing a problem (Course: ECA281 & CRN: 21135)
- Is your problem happening on a home computer or at the College?
- Identify the name of the content item and the location in ANGEL (e.g. Week 4 > Assignment folder > Quiz 3) where the problem is occurring
- The name and version of the browser you are currently using (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari)
Contact the Help Desk:
Phone: 330-494-6170, Ext. 4357 (HELP)
ANGEL Login Help
All of your accounts will use the same format for the User Name and the initial default Password.
Your User Name is the first initial of your first name, your last name, your two-digit birth month and two digit birth day. Example: Fredrick M. Last, born on June 15, 1992, would be flast0615
NOTE: If your User Name duplicates that of a previously-enrolled student, the birth day portion of the number will be incremented until a unique user name is assigned to your account.
Your default Password is your first, middle, last initial, period, and the first six digits of your social
security number. Example: using the above user information, and if Fred’s social security number is
123-45-6789, the password would be fml.123456
NOTE: if you did not provide a middle name or initial, use an “ x” for your middle initial.
ANGEL Troubleshooting TipsBrowser issues
- ANGEL is primarily compatible with Mozilla Firefox. You may use other browsers, but there are known issues when using them. What browser are you using?
— To find this, start your browser and select Help > About…
- Are you using a HIGH SPEED INTERNET connection?
— ANGEL functions best when used with a High Speed Internet connection. Wireless connections may also be used, but make sure you have a strong dedicated signal while accessing ANGEL.
NOTE: Wireless connections with intermittent signals or frequent disconnects will cause you many problems with ANGEL and in your courses! It is best to complete tests and assessments over a wired connection.
- Are any other browser applications or games running?
— This can severely affect your performance. This includes browser add-ons like Google or Yahoo toolbars. Close or disable any other browser applications, add-ons or games while you are accessing ANGEL. Do not use these applications while taking tests.
- For browser issues, see the “Trouble with ANGEL” graphic on the ANGEL login and home pages.
- Are you using a computer or a tablet?
— While some activities (reading) are easily done on a tablet, if you are uploading files or taking a test, a computer is best.
- Are you bookmarking a page inside of ANGEL?
— While you may bookmark the ANGEL sign-on page, DO NOT bookmark pages within ANGEL or your course. You must log-in to ANGEL each time you wish to use it.
- Have you tried the ANGEL Diagnostics Page?
- Do you regularly scan for spyware, malware, viruses?
— Spyware and malware can cause many applications on your computer to function poorly or not at all.
If you have any questions regarding eStarkState or ANGEL and could not find the answers on this site, please contact the Director of eStarkState.
We'd Love to Hear from You!
If you have thoughts or comments regarding the eStarkState, please fill out the eStarkState Feedback Form and let us know.