Sustainability Task Force
The sustainability task force was created in 2010 to become the clearinghouse of campus sustainability information and to serve as a centralized resource to students, faculty and staff. Current responsibilities include:
- Serving as the focal point for campus sustainability
- Coordinating campus sustainability strategic planning & implementation
- Initiating programs and practices that integrate sustainability
- Planning for Earth Week and other educational events
- Making progress toward our college’s sustainable initiatives visible
- Supporting Stark State College’s commitment to attain a minimum LEED Silver Green Building Rating Certification for new construction projects
Sustainability Task Force Committees
Stark State College community members are invited to join the Task Force or one of the following committees. For more information, please contact Stefanie Smith at email@example.com.
- Campus Recycling and Waste Management
- Campus Outreach
- Curriculum Development
- Dining Services
The Environmental clubs mission is to promote environmental education, awareness, and appreciation, and to implement, educate, and assist in any programs of recycling, reducing, and reusing on the Stark State College campus and within the community.
Scott Williams, Coordinator, Environmental Health and Safety
Telephone: (330) 494-6170, ext. 4014
This club organizes a number of events and initiatives throughout the year to bring awareness to environmental issues and to help make the campus and our community more sustainable.
Lindsay Crow, Adjunct Instructor, Natural Sciences