Begin Your Orientation
Before you start the online version of the Stark State new student orientation, please read the following:
- The information in this orientation is vital to your successful entry and completion of your goals at Stark State. It's designed to help you, so please go through it carefully!
- You should expect to spend 90 minutes or so going through the material, although some people will take longer and some shorter. You can stop and start anytime you want. You can sign out, then come back later to keep working.
- You are welcome to take notes and return to pages as you go. You are not expected to memorize everything in the orientation.
- There are seven sections in this orientation. At the end of each section is a series of questions. You must get every question in every section correct to successfully complete this orientation.
- These questions are not designed to trick you or be difficult. They cover things that are vital for you to know. You are welcome to look up the material, and answer the questions as many times as you need to.
- If you have any technical questions or problems, such as logging in, you can contact the Stark State Help Desk at 330-494-6170, Ext. 4357.
- If you have questions about the material or content in the orientation, you can contact the Stark State Admissions Office at 330-494-6170.
- If you would like to take the on-campus orientation instead of this online version, click here to sign up for a day and time to attend.
The orientation material and questions are on a website called ANGEL, which Stark State uses for much of its classroom content. If you have any trouble, see the bottom of this page for information on who to contact for help.
To access ANGEL, you will need your Stark State login information, which you should have received in your acceptance letter.
If you do not have your login information, you can still try to log in.
- Your username is your first initial, last name, and the four (4) digit date of your birthday (NOT the year!).
- Your password is your lower case three initials of your name, a period, and the first six digits of your social security number (if you do not have a middle initial, use an x in its place).
- For example: John Fitzgerald Kennedy, born May 29, 1917 with a social security number of 123456789 would have a username of jkennedy0529, and a password of jfk.123456
- This is the same login information you will use for all Stark State computers and websites.
After you log in, the orientation link will be on the left side of the page.
TROUBLE LOGGING IN?
- If you are having trouble with ANGEL itself, click here for the troubleshooting page and contact information. Scroll down for browser help.
- If you have trouble logging in, and you have already received your acceptance letter, please contact the Stark State Help Desk at 330-494-6170, Ext. 4357.
- If you haven’t yet received your acceptance letter, and you believe you should have by now, please contact the Admissions Office
- If you have a disability and need assistance with accessing the material or have a question or concern, contact the Stark State Disability Support Services office at 330-494-6170, Ext. 4935.