Identifying Your Audience and Their Needs
In order to begin thinking about your readers start with these questions:
- Who will be most likely to read this paper?
- Does this audience agree with the points you are trying to make?
- What can you say about these individuals?
- What might some of the beliefs or ideas of this audience be?
- Does your audience hold any stereotypes or beliefs that you should consider?
- What does this audience already know about your topic?
- What specific background information will they need to understand the concept?
- What type of language would you use to gain this audience’s respect and attention?