Respiratory Care - Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I work while I’m in the program?
Students are strongly discouraged from working full time. Students must be able to maintain flexible hours. Clinical experiences consist of two or three eight-hour days per week.
- Is there an evening program track?
Currently there is only a day program.
- What days of the week are classes?
Schedules vary with each semester, often requiring attendance five days per week. Clinical experiences can be held on day or evening shifts.
- Is there a waiting list for entrance into the program?
Twenty four students are admitted the fall semester of each year. Therefore, there is a wait period before students can register for the respiratory care classes. While waiting, students may take the non-technical classes listed in the curriculum.
- Are there additional costs outside of tuition, books and other college fees?
Additional program costs may total approximately $2,200 or more.