TRiO is designed to help students achieve their educational goals at SSC and beyond. The TRiO Student Support Services Program is funded through a grant from the federal government and provides supportive services to eligible students.
Who is eligible?
A student is eligible to participate in TRiO if he or she meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Is enrolled at Stark State College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term.
- Has a need for academic support.
- Is a low-income individual (as determined by the federal guidelines); a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree); or an individual with a disability (as determined by our Disability Support Services Program)
What services will be available to students?
The following services will be offered to eligible students:
- One-on-one academic advising and support
- An in-depth assessment of learning and study strategies
- Financial aid advising
- Financial literacy advising
- Transfer advising
How do students become involved?
Contact TRiO Support Services at 330-305-6602 to make an appointment.
You can also download the application and return it to the TRiO office in room B230.
TRiO Student Support Services is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Division of Special Services, Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, (231,103 in 2014-15).