Upward Bound Math and Science Assessment
The Mission of the Stark State College Upward Bound Math Academy is to stimulate and advance an interest in mathematics, science and technology by providing academic support and pre-college support services and laboratory science experiences designed to increase post-secondary aspiration, enrollment and degree attainment.
The Upward Bound Math Academy will serve as post-secondary education point of access and catalyst to degree attainment for Canton City School students. We will provide holistic, developmental support services and transformative academic and cultural experiences to students.
- 75% of all UBMS participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had an expected high school graduation date during the school year, will have achieved at the proficient level during high school on state assessments in reading/language arts and math
- 70% of 9th, 10th and 11th grade project participants served during each school year will continue to participate in the UBMS Project during the next school year.
- 70% of all UBMS participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had an expected graduation date during the school year, will enroll in a program of postsecondary education by the fall term immediately following the expected graduation date from high school.
- 65% of all UBMS participants who enrolled in a program of postsecondary education during the fall term immediately following high school graduation will be enrolled for the fall term of the second academic year.
- 80% of students will rate their overall satisfaction with monthly program activities as at least “satisfactory”