Industrial process operation technology
If you’re interested in breaking into the oil and gas field, the industrial process operation technology degree will prepare you for entry-level positions in natural gas, refining, power generation and various plant processes. You’ll gain skills required to ensure maximum production and quality through the knowledge of blueprint reading, hydraulics/pneumatics, robotics, PLC controls, compression and flow dynamics, circuits, mechanical drives and industrial management. Oil and gas companies need job-ready workers and you can be one with this two-year degree.
The certificate in Industrial Process Operation Technology can prepare you to enter the workforce in natural gas, refining, power generation and various plant processes. You’ll learn skill sets essential for industrial plant operations with emphasis on safety, efficiency and productivity. And, you’ll acquire the necessary skills hydraulics/pneumatics, robotics, PLC controls, compression & flow dynamics, circuits, mechanical drives, blueprint reading and industrial management.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with a certificate(s), taking classes that directly apply to the associate degree in industrial process operation technology:
- Petroleum basic industrial process controls certificate
- Petroleum basic industrial process operation core certificate
Industrial process operation technology certificate
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the basics of safety, productivity, forecasting and proper plant layout.
- Demonstrate ability to produce written communication exhibiting order, logic and clarity.
- Identify and understand basics of predictive maintenance technologies by using oil, vibration, ultrasonic and thermography analysis.