Petroleum industrial mechanics technology
The petroleum industrial mechanics technology program gives you skills in diagnostics, machinery assembly, and installation and repair of commercial and industrial machinery. They’re skills that will make you part of the trained workforce in-demand by the oil and gas industry, supporting petroleum refining, power generation, natural gas distribution and petrochemical manufacturing. The program will focus on blueprint reading, mechanical drives, HVAC, rigging, hydraulics/pneumatics and electrical control systems.
In addition, Stark State offers a technical certificate in petroleum industrial mechanics technology for the individual who is interested in blueprint reading, mechanical drives, HVAC, rigging, hydraulics/pneumatics and electrical control systems. It’s a stackable certificate to the associate of applied science degree.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with a certificate(s), taking classes that directly apply to the associate degree in petroleum industrial mechanics technology:
- Petroleum basic industrial maintenance core certificate (PDF)
- Rigging oil and gas industry cerfiticate (PDF)
Petroleum industrial mechanics technology certificate
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate ability to produce written communication exhibiting order, logic and clarity.
- Exhibit teamwork, troubleshooting problem solving skills.
- Understand the basic aesthetics of architecture and the principles of engineering as they relate to architecture.