Be a critical part of the health care team
Get your start in medical assisting or phlebotomy at Stark State College Akron.
- Collect patient blood for clinical laboratory analysis
- Complete this certificate in just two semesters
- classroom/lab instruction for 16 weeks, two evenings a week
- 105 hours of clinical experience in a hospital or outpatient lab
- Be eligible to become a certified phlebotomy technician.
- Completely offered at SSC Akron
- Cross-trained health professionals work alongside physicians, performing both clinical and administrative responsibilities
- Earn an associate of applied science in medical assisting
- Fully accredited program
- Employment predicted to grow much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Start at SSC Akron, finish up at main campus
Find out more
Info Session • March 22 • 5:30 pm • 755 White Pond Drive
Attend an information session about the medical assisting and phlebotomy programs on March 22 at 5:30 p.m. at 755 White Pond Dr., Stark State’s current Akron location.
The event will feature
- information about the admissions process
- medical assisting program requirements and job outlook
- discussion with faculty
Enroll now to secure a spot for fall.
Walk-ins will be accepted, but reservations are preferred. For more information, call 330-494-6170, ext. 4670, email firstname.lastname@example.org.