(North Canton, OH – June 1, 2020) – Stark State College will bring students back to campus this fall, in keeping with Governor DeWine’s plan to Restart Ohio and college planning.
As always, Stark State will offer a full schedule of online courses and degrees for students who wish to stay close to home and/or enjoy the flexibility of online classes. Stark State recently was named among the top 50 best of 1,100 U.S. community colleges for online learning.
Limited numbers of students, faculty and staff have been in classrooms and laboratories since May 1, to enable students to complete skills-based courses. The College has been following health and safety guidelines from local, state and national health agencies and experts, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Based on current guidelines, the following measures are in place:
- daily health assessments of anyone entering the buildings;
- required face coverings in common/public areas and classrooms for anyone on campus,
- social distancing;
- a limited number of entrances into college facilities to help with health assessments and better control of foot traffic flow;
- continued deep-cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch surfaces such as door handles, doors, counters, tables, etc. and providing hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to all areas throughout the college;
- cleaning of the air filtration systems throughout all facilities;
- reminders of proper hygiene and hand washing/sanitation posted throughout the facilities and in restroom areas;
- and suspension of public gatherings and large events in all Stark State facilities at least through fall semester.
In addition to the lowest tuition in the area, Stark State also offers scholarships, grants and additional funds for students of all ages and backgrounds. Most recently, the College began its Upskill program that offers up to $2,000 in funding for certificates that lead to in-demand jobs or build into an associate degree program.
For more information on financial aid, scholarships, upskill funding or enrollment, contact Gateway Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-494-6170 ext. 4301.