Using Respondus Lockdown Browser
If your instructor approves the usage of Respondus Lockdown Browser, you will need to download it.
Here’s the link to download Stark State College’s version of Respondus Lockdown Browser. You must use our version of the software. Click this link for the Quick Guide to installing and using Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Things to know about using Respondus Lockdown Browser:
- There are both PC, Chromebook, and Mac versions.
- You can use an iPad (with your instructor’s permission).
- You need a webcam.
- You must use the Lockdown Browser app, not Chrome or Firefox to access Blackboard to take your test. Look for this icon on your desktop or in your programs:
Test Taking Tips
- WiFi connections aren’t stable. For best results, hardwire your computer to the router or switch.
- Be sure you are in a quiet room.
- Make sure you do not have open windows behind you, the glare from outdoors during the day, may cause problems with the webcam.
- Home users need to be aware that others sharing the internet may affect your experience. In particular, gaming and video streaming use tremendous bandwidth and may impact the stability of your experience.
The video below will help you to download and install Respondus Lockdown Browser.