This scholarship is funded by the Ohio Department of Education. The mission of the scholarship is to significantly strengthen Ohio’s position in world markets such as aerospace, medicine, computer technology, and alternative energy.
Scholarship awards shall be provided to the student by crediting the student’s account for tuition, books, fees, and lab supplies. Scholarship awards may be used for transportation and child care expenses.
To be eligible a student must meet the following criteria:
- Science, technology, engineering, medical or math majors only
- US citizen or permanent- resident alien
- High school and college GPA 3.0 or higher
- Qualifying ACT 16/reading, 18/English, 19/math or
- COMPASS test scores of 80/reading, 70/English, 54/math or
- ACCUPLACER test scores of 60+/Reading, 5/English, 40+/Math or
- Demonstrated college readiness