This scholarship is funded by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. The Choose Ohio First Scholarship is designed to significantly strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness within STEMM disciplines and STEMM education.
Scholarship awards shall be provided to qualifying students by crediting the student’s account for general fees and instructional fees. The total amount awarded annually is limited according to Choose Ohio First guidelines.
To be eligible to receive an ODHE Choose Ohio First scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled in a qualifying, science, technology, engineering, math or medical program of study (see list of ODHE Choose Ohio First approved programs)
- be an Ohio resident and US citizen or permanent- resident alien
- have a high school and college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- have a qualifying ACT score of 16+/reading, 18+/English, 19+/math or
- ACCUPLACER test scores of 60+/Reading, 5/English, 40+/Math or
- demonstrated college readiness
For additional details, complete the application form.