Receiving credit for military service | Stark State College | North Canton, Ohio
Military services

Receiving credit for military service

Military transcripts

Some of your military experience may be applied toward credit for a degree. To receive credit, you must submit transcripts for your branch of the military.

To request your military transcript, visit

Other resources

The General Educational Development (GED) Testing Service (GEDTS) maintains all records of GED transcripts obtained by active duty US military personnel tested after October 1, 1985, and by US military personnel and dependents tested overseas after September 1974 under the Defense Activity for Nontraditional Educational Support (DANTES) program. GEDTS also maintains records of GED Tests taken at the Veterans Medical Centers after October 1, 1989. To obtain an official copy of the GED transcript, users should complete the GED Transcript Request form (see MILITARY section, not the states section) and submit it to:

GED Testing Service
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC  20036
Phone: 1-800-626-9433 or 202-930-9400
Fax: 202-659-8875

DANTES maintains the educational records of the service members who have completed DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs), CLEP examinations, GED, and United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) tests. For more information, visit the DANTES website.

For tests and courses taken under the auspices of USAFI before September 1974, please contact Thomson Prometric at:

Thomson Prometric
USAFI Records
P.O. Box 6605
Princeton, NJ 08541-6605
Phone: 609-895-5011
Toll-free: 877-471-9860
Fax: 609-895-5026

There is no charge for transcripts sent to military test control officers (TCOs) for counseling purposes.

Stark State Logo