The Stark State College Student Symposium, presented by Stark State’s Honors Program Oversight Committee, is a one-day event celebrating the academic achievements and technical skills of our students and local high school students.
The Symposium will showcase the students’ faculty-guided, in-depth research, capstone projects, scholarly work, creative activities or science projects.
Students can choose to deliver their project as an oral presentation, poster presentation, project demonstration, or performances highlighting their scholarly work and academic success while also fostering career success and networking opportunities.
- showcase your students’ growth
- put the spotlight on academic excellence
- highlight the academic goals of your program and/or courses
- learn about Stark State’s opportunities for your students
- present in a sociable and professional event
- develop skills in public speaking, abstract writing and professional communication
- build your resume as a participant in a scholarly event with opportunity for awards
- network with potential employers
- explore opportunities at Stark State, both during high school and as a college student
- learn about transferability from Stark State to four-year bachelor’s degree programs
Submissions will be accepted through March 15, 2019. A symposium committee will review the submissions and those selected will present at the 2019 symposium.
- course projects/research projects/ case studies
- capstone projects
- scholarly work
- creative works
- club service projects
- student service projects
- science fair projects