General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program (ASEP)
The General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program is a two-year associate degree automotive program designed for students seeking a career as a technician at a GM dealership or at an approved ACDelco service facility. This curriculum is designed to be GM-specific and is accredited by NATEF in all eight ASE certification areas.
Attend classes eight weeks per semester and work at a GM dealership for the remainder of the semester. You must be employable and have a valid driver’s license to take advantage of worksite opportunities.
GM ASEP students will graduate with an associate degree in applied science in automotive technology. They will also receive training credit for more than 56 GM training courses and be 80% certified as a General Motors service technician – well qualified to become Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified.
Official GM ASEP website: https://gmasep.org/
- Associate of applied science in General Motors ASEP
Work in many areas
- General Motors dealerships
- ACDelco-certified repair facilities
Prepare for a career as a
- certified General Motors service technician
Program learning outcomes
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Use critical thinking skills to diagnose complex vehicle faults.
- Effectively maintain, service, and repair modern automobiles.
- Design and troubleshoot logic circuits for control of motors and industrial processes.
- Canton Carnival of Wheels scholarship
- Automotive Engineering Technology Endowed scholarship
- Bridgestone – Firestone Automotive Engineering Technology Endowed scholarship
- Stark County Auto Dealers Award (SCADA)
- Greater Cleveland Auto Dealers Association Annual Automotive scholarship