Web design and development
The Web design and development technology program at Stark State College offers students state-of-the-art training in the exciting and lucrative field of online Internet design and programming. This program focuses on creating the backbone of a Web site with the latest techniques such as CSS, AJAX and more.
This rewarding degree covers a wide variety of material during the program. Students graduating with a degree in Web design and development will use the knowledge and skill gained in the program to:
- Design and develop Web-based applications
- Develop user interfaces for internet/intranet applications
- Design and develop databases
- Create multimedia applications
Stark State Web design and development students have found careers as graphic web designers, webmasters, multimedia web designers, web programmers (ASP.net programmer, PHP programmer), HTML coders, search marketing specialists, database programmers, web analyst.
According to the most current Bureau of Labor Statistics report, careers in Web design and development, along with other computer science and database administrators, are expected to be among the fastest growing occupations through 2014. “Employment of these computer specialists is expected to grow much faster than the average (an increase of 27 percent or more) for all occupations as organizations continue to adopt and integrate increasingly sophisticated technologies.”
In addition, the associate degree in web design and development can be earned completely online. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, students can complete the degree in as little as two years.
Also, Stark State offers a technical certificate for those interested in Web design. This certificate will provide incoming and current web designers and information professionals with the basic skills to become employed in this growing and expanding area.
All classes in the certificate can be applied directly to the associate degree.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with a web design certificate, taking classes that directly apply to the associate degree in web design and development.
Web design certificates
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire, organize, and evaluate terminology and information for making decisions and solving problems and providing solutions in a web design and development environment.
- Demonstrate employability skills and professionalism through sound work habits, ethics, and responsibility, and work individually and in diverse team settings.
- Demonstrate solution strategies to formulate and write project descriptions and documents by using the appropriate computational, technical, and communication skills and technologies relating to the web design and development field.
- Learn standardized techniques and software tools to create content in a 2D or 3D software environment.
Gainful Employment Disclosure