Sciences FAQ | Stark State College | North Canton, Ohio

Sciences FAQ

What requirements do I need to fulfill to get into an associate of science degree program?

You can begin working on your AS degree your first semester. We strongly suggest that students complete any developmental coursework within the first two semesters of starting college.

If I want to pursue my baccalaureate degree after earning my AS degree, will my credits transfer?

Yes! Most of the courses we offer have been approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education for transfer. We also have established transfer agreements with The University of Akron, Kent State University and The Ohio State University for our AS general degree (more on the way!).

I’m interested in pre-medical or pre-pharmacy; can I begin my academic pathway at Stark State College?

Absolutely! Due to the easy transferability of our courses and our high academic standards, the Sciences Division has been able to establish a great relationship with the pharmacy program at the Northeast Ohio Medical University. We are currently working on agreements to establish a pathway for students to a Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education partner school for pre-medicine.

What can I do with an associate of science general degree?

  • Stepping stone to a bachelor’s degree: Complete nearly all of your general education requirements and take first and second year courses in your field of interest before attending a four-year school.
  • Secondary degree:  A great option for pre-health students; with only a few additional courses, many students can graduate from Stark State with two associate degrees and can transition easily to a four-year school to earn a bachelor’s degree.
Stark State Logo