Am I eligible for the program?
A student from the Canton City Schools is eligible if he or she
- is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance.
- meets one or both of the federal guidelines
- low-income (meets family low-income guidelines as established by the U.S. Department of Education)
- first generation college-bound student (neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree at the time of program enrollment).
- is a ninth or tenth grader with academic need and a desire to attend college.
- has demonstrated an academic and/or social need for the program.
Upward Bound Math-Science Academy accepts students who
- possess the ability and desire to pursue education after high school.
- attend school regularly as evidenced by official attendance records.
- have a positive attitude and outlook toward learning.
- embrace structured learning environments and display a respect for authority as evidenced by school behavior records and a personal interview.
- demonstrate a genuine interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- are committed to completing a rigorous, college-preparatory high school curriculum.