- Stark State College systems portfolio December 2018 (PDF)
- Stark State College systems portfolio June 2014 (PDF)
HLC conducts an Assurance Review to determine whether an institution on the Standard or Open Pathway continues to meet the Criteria for Accreditation. On the Open Pathway, the Assurance Review is conducted by itself in Year 4 and is a part of the comprehensive evaluation that occurs in Year 10.
The following steps make up the Assurance Review:
- The institution demonstrates that it meets the Criteria for Accreditation by preparing an Assurance Filing, comprised of an Assurance Argument and an Evidence File, using HLC’s Assurance System.
- A team of peer reviewers evaluates the institution’s Assurance Filing. The outcome of this review is a recommendation as to whether the institution meets the Criteria for Accreditation.
- A decision-making body reviews the institution’s documentation and the recommendation from the peer review team and takes an official action.