Engineering technologies, industrial, advanced manufacturing and automotive technologies
Are you interested in how things function?
Do you enjoy working with your hands, fixing technical problems and finding better solutions?
This Career Community leads to careers in advanced manufacturing, automation, automotive, civil engineering, electric power utility, electrical engineering, electrical maintenance, environmental, HVACR (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration), industrial technologies, welding and engineering transfer programs.
Critical skills and abilities
- arm-hand steadiness
- control precision
- critical thinking
- operation monitoring
- problem sensitivity
Technical skills and knowledge
- computer aided design (CAD) software
- engineering and technology
If you know this Career Community is the right fit for you but you’re unsure of your major, choose the engineering technology, industrial, advanced manufacturing and automotive technologies exploratory major to get started in the right direction. Your first 15 credit hours are applicable to all majors within this career community and you’ll get the experience to know which major is right for you. See admissions to apply.
If you are unsure if this Career Community is right for you, connect with career services to explore your options.
- Civil engineering technology
- Civil engineering technology – architectural major
- Civil engineering technology – construction management major
- Electrical/electronic engineering technology
- Electrical/electronic engineering technology – electro-mechanical major
- Electric power utility technology
- Electric power utility technology – line worker technician
- Electric power utility technology – substation worker technician
- Mechanical engineering technology
- Mechanical engineering technology – design major
- Pre-engineering (civil, electrical and mechanical)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Instrumentation Electronics Technician
- Measurement and Mechatronics Technician
Learn more information about oil and gas programs
- Transportation Construction Inspection Certificate Level I
- Transportation Construction Inspection Certificate Level II
- Advanced CAD
- Civil/surveying drafting
- Construction materials inspection
- Construction technician
- Electrical/electronic troubleshooting
- Industrial controls
- Industrial electricity and electronics
- Machine design
- Precision gauging and inspection
- and more … View all certificates
- Advanced CNC programming and design (Ariel Corporation)
- Precision machining operations (Ariel Corporation)
In order to enroll in this CNC certificate program you must be an Ariel employee. Click here to begin the employment application process.