Providing you the opportunity to have dual admission at both Stark State College and The University of Akron as you complete an associate degree while preparing for transfer to complete a bachelor’s degree.
How does it work?
- A student may apply for dual admission and enrollment directly out of high school or as a currently enrolled SSC student as long as they begin the program by completing an associate degree at SSC, while purposefully planning to transfer to UA for bachelor degree completion.
- The application fee for UA will be waived.
- Student eligibility aligns with the standard admission requirements for SSC; however, students who previously attended UA will not be eligible for this program.
- Students accepted into the dual admission and enrollment program will have catalog rights at UA from the term their program application is accepted.
- Students will sign an agreement to allow their education records information to be shared between SSC and UA, in manners consistent with information security requirements.
- Students in the program must
- submit an intent to enroll form one semester prior to matriculation to UA,
- have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0,
- be in good standing at SSC,
- and have earned a minimum of 24 credit hours (non-developmental) at SSC prior to enrolling at UA.
- Academic advisors from UA will work with SSC advisors and faculty members to conduct appointments on each of SSC’s campuses with students enrolled in the program.
- Students in the program will receive a Stark State/UA Zip Card allowing them to use facilities and services offered to regularly admitted students at both SSC and UA (e.g., libraries, career services, recreation centers, computer labs, sporting events, parking, email and internet access, etc.)