Zoom Meetings is a web conferencing tool that can be used both inside and outside of Blackboard. It can be used for virtual meetings, office hours, recording lectures, and for Web 4 courses.
Here is a general overview of Zoom system requirements.
- Windows 10 or higher
- Mac OS X with Mac OS 10.14 or higher
- NOTE: Chromebooks cannot support all the functions of Zoom. For example, a host does not have the option to create breakout rooms, and participants may not be able to use the feature of joining a breakout room on Zoom.
- Review the options available to each operating system here.
- High-speed internet connection
- 2.0 Mbps up and down for single screen
- 2.0 Mbps up 4.0 Mbps down for dual screen
- 2.0 Mbps up 6.0 Mbps down for triple screen
- For screen sharing only: 150 to 300kbps
- For audio VoIP: 60 to 80kbps
Instructors should host Zoom meetings using a PC or Mac. All the features are not available on Chromebooks or mobile devices.