Student Leadership Academy
September 16 - November 7
Student Leadership Academy is designed to help you develop valuable skills your future employers are looking for: communication, motivation, goal setting and presentation skills. If you're looking to build your resume, meet new people and show that you have more than just a good grade point average, then Student Leadership Academy is for you. No previous leadership experience is necessary.
*NEW* Two academy tracks now available:
How It Works
- Personal Leadership sessions are offered on Mondays and Thursdays
- Career Development sessions are offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Sessions in both tracks are offered at Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College
- You can choose to attend sessions in one specific track, or you can choose sessions from both tracks to meet your own personal needs
- Stark State students are permitted to attend sessions at Kent State University at Stark, and vice versa
- Sessions are 60 minutes long unless otherwise indicated
What You Gain
- Free – no cost to participants
- General Certificate earners will also receive a $20 Stark State College Store certificate
- Enjoy lunch during the Wednesday noon and Thursday 12:30 sessions
- Both Specialized and General Certificate earners will enjoy a wrap-up lunch with the College President
- Attend 4 of 8 sessions in a specific track to receive a specialized certificate (per semester)
- Attend 8 of 16 sessions in both tracks to receive a general certificate (over fall & spring semesters)
Student Leadership Academy will be held at both Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College. Pay careful attention to your session locations.
Deadline to Register: Friday, September 13
Additional SLA Opportunities:
Fits in either track
- ALICE Training - 90 minutes
Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 1:30 p.m.
Library Room 003
Kent State University at Stark
Additional registration required.
- Complete ALICE registration here
ALICE = Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate. This 90-minute session is designed to give you insight and response options when encountering an active shooter and how to make critical decisions during times of extreme stress.
- Optional Service Project
- Mock Interview