Student Leadership Academy
Spring 2016 Session: February 1 - March 24
Student Leadership Academy is designed to help you develop valuable skills your future employers are looking for: communication, motivation, goal setting and presentation skills. If you're looking to build your resume, meet new people and show that you have more than just a good grade point average, then Student Leadership Academy is for you. No previous leadership experience is necessary.
Two academy tracks now available:
How It Works
- Personal Leadership sessions are offered on Mondays and Thursdays
- Career Development sessions are offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Sessions in both tracks are offered at Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College
- You can choose to attend sessions in one specific track, our you can choose sessions from both tracks to meet your own personal needs
- Stark State students are permitted to attend sessions at Kent State-Stark, and vice versa
- Sessions are 50 minutes long unless otherwise indicated
- Free – no cost to participants
- Enjoy lunch during all sessions
- Attend 4 of 8 sessions in a specific track to receive a specialized certificate
- Attend 8 of 15 sessions in both tracks to receive a general certificate
Session Descriptions and Locations
Print session descriptions and locations for your records.
Student Leadership Academy will be held at both Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College. Pay careful attention to your session locations.
Additional SLA Opportunities:
(Fit in either track)
- Etiquette Luncheon
Friday, March 4
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Kent State University at Stark
- Mock Interview
Contact the Career Development Office 330-494-6170, Ext. 5459, or Room M104 for more information.