Marketing and sales management
The careers involved in getting goods and services to market make marketing and sales management a diverse and fascinating field. Marketing careers often provide great opportunities for creativity, personal accomplishment and financial reward.
Marketing managers implement the traditional marketing mix to develop tactics for the product, price, promotion and distribution. Marketing professionals determine the demand for goods offered by the business and by its competitors and they also identify potential customers. This includes working with advertising and sales managers to promote the firm’s products and services to attract potential customers.
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to demonstrate proficiency with developing strategies to identify and solve marketing and business problems, identify target markets for specific goods and services, emphasize the value in providing products to a buyer, create a methodology to gain valuable test marketing information, and develop a comprehensive marketing plan.
Your pathway to a degree
- Associate of applied business
Program learning outcomes
- Describe and analyze patterns of consumer behavior within contemporary markets and plan and implement target marketing processes through segmentation, targeting and positioning tactics.
- Apply appropriate mathematical, statistical and other quantitative and marketing research techniques and methodology to gather data, analyze marketing situations and develop appropriate marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate and apply professionalism, teamwork, and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Prepare, organize, and institute an effective marketing planning process including presentation of the key elements in a plan.
- Establish and maintain high standards of sanitation and food safety as established by the ServSafe Program.