This one-year certificate in welding technology covers all mainstream types of welding and layout from the basics to nuclear and pressure vessel welding. Many students will choose this program for the certification preparation for various American Welding Society (AWS) testing up through 3G and 6G certifications. Specialty welding, such as titanium, stainless steel, and aluminum will also be covered.
These courses include hands-on instruction and core skills for
- steel and aluminum welding and fabricating
- preparing/cutting/joining similar and dissimilar metals by welding using gas or electrical processes
- oxygen/acetylene and AC/DC electric and other processes
- safe working procedures/habits while using welding and sheet metal forming
- arc, MIG, and TIG welding equipment in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions
- gas welding and cutting