On your way to an associate degree in chemistry you’ll be equipped with critical-thinking and problem-solving skills crucial to lifelong achievement. Plus, degrees in chemistry and biochemistry are highly regarded in medical professions; Stark State offers tracks toward chemistry, biochemistry, pre-medicine and pre-pharmacy. With small classes and laboratory sections, you’ll get individual attention from quality faculty using chemistry labs that parallel those of universities. Courses are approved for the Ohio Transfer Module and Transfer Agreement Guidelines.
Work in many areas, including
- chemical, petroleum and corrosion engineering
- health sciences
- environmental sciences
- paints and coatings
- materials sciences
Prepare for a career as a
- lab technician
- plant technician
- research technician
Your pathway to a degree
- Associate of science in chemistry
Our transfer agreements with more than 40 colleges and universities help you move smoothly – and affordably – from an associate degree to a baccalaureate program. www.starkstate.edu/transfer
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate general familiarity with the following areas in chemistry: analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical and an ability to employ critical thinking and perform quantitative calculations with an understanding of the concepts.
- Work safely and effectively in a diverse group of peers to solve problems and interact productively.
- Define problems clearly, develop testable hypothesis, design and execute appropriate experiments, analyze data, and draw appropriate conclusions. Demonstrate knowledge of basic safety, analytical, and technical skills in the laboratory.
- The ability to retrieve information efficiently and effectively by searching the chemical literature, to evaluate technical articles critically, and to manage many types of chemical information. Be able to present information in an organized manner using clear visual representations of complex data sheets.
Explore chemistry careers
View all scholarships