Whether you are a new or returning student, I am pleased to welcome you to Stark State College. All of us at Stark State are dedicated to your academic and career success, and we are here to help you.
As we prepare to welcome you to campus this Fall, our top priority remains your health and safety, and the health and safety of our employees and visitors. We want to share the steps we’re taking to keep you safe, which meet or in many cases exceed state guidelines:
- When you enter our buildings, you’ll notice some of the measures we’ve taken to prevent the spread of germs and to keep you safe.
- We are taking temperatures.
- We’ve placed floor markings in appropriate areas to help keep social distancing top of mind.
- We’ve added clear safety guards at most of our service counters and in many offices to allow you to have face-to-face conversations without risk.
- We will continue to fill hand sanitizing stations, and we encourage you to use them as needed.
- We are deep cleaning and sanitizing our facilities every night, and employees are cleaning high traffic areas throughout the day.
- Everyone must wear facial coverings while on campus, including students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- If you are in classes held on campus, you will receive safety instructions from your instructors before the first day of class.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Please check your Stark State College email for updates.
We also offer a full range of online classes and services for those of you who wish to take advantage of this option, including advising and registration for Fall Semester classes.
As you select a career field and begin your academic program, I encourage you to take full advantage of the quality education and support services we offer:
- Qualified, dedicated faculty and small class sizes. Unlike universities with large lecture classes, Stark State classes are small and faculty are easy to reach. If you have questions or concerns about your classes, please talk to your faculty first. They are here to assist you in achieving your academic goals.
- Academic advisors. Your academic advisor can assist you with class schedules and other issues. If you decide to change your major or need assistance selecting a major, please talk to your academic advisor. Access your advisor via MAP on
- Gateway Center.Gateway Center specialists can assist you with everything from financial aid to registration. Gateway is a “one-stop” center, where all your needs are met promptly, efficiently and with serving you as our No. 1 goal. Gateway Center is open Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During enrollment periods, the Gateway Center is open evenings until 8 p.m. Stop in, call 330-494-6170 or email email@example.com.
- Career Services. Located in the Gateway Center, Career Services specialists can assist you with career exploration and information. From the website to our staff, this office helps you understand careers, make career choices and prepare for your chosen career. Career Services also connect students and graduates with employment opportunities, apprenticeships and internships with companies and organizations in the region. Stop in M104, call 330-966-5459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stark State offers a variety of activities and involvement beyond the classroom, including student organizations (starkstate.edu/student-organizations) and our new student Recreation/Game Room in Room S200, on the second floor of the Student Services Center.
Congratulations on making an excellent choice in higher education! Now, let’s get busy and work together to ensure your academic and career success. I hope you have a good semester and that you will make your academic success a top priority; we certainly will.
Para M. Jones, Ph.D.