List a job opportunity with Stark State
- SSC Employer Recruiting Guidelines (Printable Version)
EMPLOYER RECRUITING GUIDELINES
Employers must read and comply with our guidelines and complete the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
The Career Services Office (CSO) of Stark State College endorses and abides by the Principles for Professional Practice and the Professional Standards for University Relations and Recruiting set for by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). For a complete copy of NACE’s guidelines on Principles for Professional Practice or on Offers to Students and Confidentiality, please visit: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/
Career Services adheres to the aforementioned policies and guidelines to ensure the quality of our services and reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
All decisions regarding recruiting services provided to companies or organizations are made at the sole discretion of the CSO. The CSO reserves the right to remove postings that do not comply with our policies, are misleading or is determined to be fraudulently placed without notice.
- The CSO and Stark State College adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and offer employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or identity as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era unless legally required. Furthermore, in good faith, the Career Services office works only with those employers who subscribe to the EEO guidelines.
- Employers are expected to maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports, and computer databases. An employer shouldn’t disclose information about candidates to another organization without prior written consent, unless necessitated by health and/or safety considerations.
- Companies must provide specific information about their organization, including a valid website, corporate email contact information (personal emails not allowed) and a detailed job description. The CSO will review the employer’s website for appropriateness.
- When posting a job, identify the major/program that would clarify the skill requirements you are seeking. Go to starkstate.edu/academics to see the Academic programs offered by Stark State College.
- The CSO does not recommend or select candidates for employers.
- Your job postings or e-mail communications may not contain anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.
- You may not use your job postings or e-mail to post advertisements or solicitations for employment in the pornography industry; the gambling industry, or post pyramid schemes.
- Third-party recruiter services who are hiring for positions within their own organization may be granted on-campus recruiting privileges (excluding online resume search).
- Third-party recruiters who are hiring for positions outside their own organization may have positions posted, but will not have the ability to search resumes of our students and alumni.
- Third-party recruiter services are permitted to attend career fairs, only, if they are recruiting for FT jobs within their own organization, not for their clients.
PROHIBITED JOB POSTINGS
- Opportunities that involve multi-level marketing, a start-up fee, independent contract (1099) status, commission only compensation, and other irregular arrangements will not be approved for posting or for participation in recruiting events.
- All positions that would employ students for a private individual (i.e. babysitter, tutor, caretaker, photography, etc.) or at a personal residence.
- Jobs and internships that are compensated only by commission, including independent contractor positions (i.e. that may require the individual to bear product expenses, be responsible for income taxes, and may not guarantee worker’s compensation or unemployment insurance.).
- All positions that require a fee payment or investment prior to employment.