Whether you’re ready to enter or re-enter the business field, this program will help prepare you for a management-level position. If you’re already a manager, it will provide a helpful edge for advancement.
You’ll acquire a broad understanding of all areas of a typical business operating in today’s dynamic environment with an emphasis on management topics of leadership, motivation, communication and team-building. Plus, you’ll gain skills for decision-making and learn methods for setting strategic and tactical goals, planning and organizing activities, leading employees and controlling operations.
Work in many areas, including
- entry-level business management in a variety of industries
Prepare for a career in
- entry-level business management positions
- Associate of applied business
Program learning outcomes
- Describe and analyze patterns of organizational behavior within contemporary organizations and apply management skills, human relations skills and motivational methods to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Apply appropriate mathematical, statistical and other quantitative and business methods to analyze business situations.
- Demonstrate and apply professionalism, teamwork, and written and oral communications skills.
- Utilize specialized business skills in the areas of marketing, entrepreneurship, business development, operations, economics, as applicable, to understand businesses and how they interact with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Formulate goals and strategies to analyze the internal and external environment of business and demonstrate proficiency with developing strategies to identify and solve organizational problems for new and existing businesses.