Cyber security and computer forensics technology
Cyber security and digital forensics are the hot areas of computer networking, and you’ll be job-ready with computer and network security skills along with the ability to find digital evidence on multiple devices.
You’ll learn proper procedure and handing guidelines for digital evidence, using those skills to learn the use of software tools to image, validate and analyze different digital devices. Hands-on practical exercises will give you an edge in the job market in both the public and private sectors.
Work in many areas, including
- computer networking
- cyber security
- network security
- digital forensics
- public and private sector job markets
Prepare for a career as a(n)
- entry-level security analyst
- entry-level digital forensics analyst
- entry-level digital forensics investigator
Your pathway to a degree
- Full-time student associate degree (PDF)
- Part-time student associate degree (PDF)
- Course descriptions
Students interested in going on to pursue a bachelor’s degree in this field should consult their academic advisor prior to initial enrollment in the program.
- Associate of science in cyber security and computer forensics
- Champlain College
- Kent State University
Join student organizations
- SSC High Technology Crime Investigation Association
Program learning outcomes
- Understand the legal restraints and ethical requirements of conducting a forensic analysis of data in an efficient and effective manner and appreciating the differences in individuals and cultures and how these differences could impact an investigation.
- Given a set of hypothetical facts and digital evidence, preserve, duplicate, validate, and analyze the evidence using accepted tools then authenticate the results of the analysis. After completion the student should be able to complete a report of their work.
- Develop the appropriate strategies for protecting against and mitigating any loss of data.
- Use the appropriate design and coding of structured certificates in the major software development languages relating to the web design and development field.