- Stark State College is a student-centered comprehensive community college with transferable higher education and career development programs. The College offers more than 220 associate degrees and certificates in business, education, engineering technologies, health and human services, information technologies, liberal arts, mathematics and sciences.
- Stark State is the largest among the five colleges and universities located in Stark County.
- Stark State’s low tuition of $189.60 per credit hour makes the College one of the most affordable in the region.
- Nearly 14,000 credit-seeking students attend SSC.
- The College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission the same organization that accredits all other colleges and universities in our region. In addition, many of Stark State’s programs maintain individual accreditations from their national accrediting associations.
- Ohio Transfer 36 guarantees the transfer of 36-40 semester hours of Stark State coursework to any Ohio public college or university, and our College Credit Plus program offers free college credits to area high school students. Many students and parents take advantage of these cost-effective approaches to a four-year degree program.
- The College has transfer agreements with more than 30 college and universities – including The Ohio State University, The University of Akron, Kent State University and more – to help students smoothly transition to a four-year degree program after earning a Stark State associate degree.
- Stark State maintains satellite centers and off-campus sites in Akron, Downtown Canton and other locations to better serve our students. Each site offers students the same convenience, affordability, quality faculty and individualized attention as our main campus. The College also offers hundreds of online courses as well as 24 fully online degrees and 23 fully online certificates.
- The College works closely with business and industry to ensure that the programs we offer meet the needs of a developing workforce. Not only do our programs rely on the business acumen and advice of advisory committees made up of local business leaders, our workforce training helps employers find skilled workers and train current workers on- and offsite. Employees also can take continuing education or professional development or work toward certificates and degrees.
- More than 70% of our students work while attending Stark State. Accessibility and flexible scheduling make it convenient for working people to pursue an education at Stark State.
- Nearly 100% of our graduates live and work in Northeast Ohio, contributing to the economic development of Stark, Summit and surrounding counties.