Business and accounting
Would you characterize yourself as a leader, problem-solver and persuader?
Are you focused on the importance of numbers, data and accuracy?
This Career Community will help you find your fit in programs leading to careers in accounting, banking, customer service, entrepreneurship, marketing and management or transfer to baccalaureate business programs.
Critical skills and abilities
- active listening
- critical thinking
- oral and written communication
- reading comprehension
Technical skills and knowledge
- customer and personal service
- customer relationship management (CRM) software
- data entry software
- electronic mail software
If you know this Career Community is the right fit for you but you’re unsure of your major, choose the business and accounting exploratory major to get started in the right direction. Your first 15 credit hours are applicable to all majors within this career community and you’ll get the experience to know which major is right for you. See admissions to apply.
If you are unsure if this Career Community is right for you, connect with career services to explore your options.
- Accounting services for health administration
- Banking associate one-year certificate
- Bookkeeping one-year certificate
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Computer information
- Computer-integrated accounting one-year certificate
- Enrolled agent one-year certificate
- Forensic accounting
- Fundamental payroll one-year certificate