Learn more about opportunity recognition and evaluation along with new venture start-up and growth.
You’ll participate in courses and seminars staffed by faculty members as well as entrepreneurs and business owners/managers in the local community, learning first-hand what’s needed to start a new business venture that will add economic and cultural value to the community and to run an existing business with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Plus, you can earn the entrepreneurship major completely online. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, you can complete the program in as little as two years.
Stark State also offers a one-year certificate program as well as a career enhancement certificate in entrepreneurship, and you can apply credits earned in certificate programs to the business management associate degree program.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with an entrepreneurship certificate, taking classes that directly apply to a second certificate and to the associate degree in business management entrepreneurship.
Program learning outcomes
- Describe and analyze patterns of organizational behavior within contemporary organizations and apply management skills, human relations skills and motivational methods to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Apply appropriate mathematical, statistical and other quantitative and business methods to analyze business situations.
- Demonstrate and apply professionalism, teamwork, and written and oral communications skills.
- Utilize specialized business skills in the areas of marketing, entrepreneurship, business development, operations, economics, as applicable, to understand businesses and how they interact with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Formulate goals and strategies to analyze the internal and external environment of business and demonstrate proficiency with developing strategies to identify and solve organizational problems for new and existing businesses.