Here’s your starting point for a career in biological research, environmental science, science education, pre-med and more. Lay a solid and affordable foundation to transfer to a four-year bachelor’s degree program in biology with most courses in microbiology, genetics, cell and molecular biology and ecology easily transferring to Ohio colleges and universities.
You’ll find small class sizes and exceptional lab experiences along with practical learning opportunities in first-class facilities. Highly qualified faculty provide mentoring, academic/career advising and networking opportunities with colleagues in the field.
Our transfer agreements with more than 30 colleges and universities help you move smoothly – and affordably – from an associate degree to a baccalaureate program. starkstate.edu/transfer
Work in many areas, including
- environmental science
- food science
- medical research
- animal science
- and more.
Prepare for a career as a
- undergraduate research assistant
- entry-level lab technician
- field research assistant
- entry-level research technician
- and others.
Your pathway to a degree
- Associate of science in biology
Program learning outcomes
- Properly document their work and present it in notebook entries and lab reports.
- Students will develop knowledge and competency of basic laboratory techniques and equipment usage.
- Scientific thinking and critical analysis will be stressed (‘thinking like a scientist”).
- Choose Ohio First scholarship
View all scholarships