Virtual office professional
If defining your own work schedule, working from a fully-equipped home office or avoiding the daily commute appeals to you, join one of the fastest-growing careers as a virtual office professional.
You’ll provide administrative support to small businesses or consultants, or special project coordination for larger companies.
Low overhead and start-up costs, flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home are some of the benefits you can enjoy in this career. Trends in telecommuting, the growth of the Internet, and corporate downsizing have contributed to the growth of the virtual assistant business.
When you’re trained in the latest office software and emerging technologies, you’ll be a valuable asset to any workplace team, whether you’re working in business, manufacturing, education or government.
You’ll be eligible to take industry-recognized certification exams such as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), Organizational Management (OM), and Technology Applications (TA).
Work in many areas, including these and others:
- government offices
- legal and medical offices
Prepare for a career in these roles and more:
- administrative assistant
- executive assistant
- office manager
- virtual assistant
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with a Microsoft applications professional certificate, taking classes that directly apply to the administrative office professional – virtual office professional degree:
- Associate of applied business in administrative office professional
Program learning outcomes
- Use appropriate resources to organize and develop information effectively and exhibit proficiency in the use of Internet tools used in a virtual office environment.
- Acquire, organize and evaluate information for making decisions and solving problems in a virtual office environment.
- Demonstrate employability skills and professionalism through sound work habits, ethics and responsibility, and work in individual and diverse team settings.
- Determine solution strategies to solve problems in the virtual office environment by using the appropriate computational skills and technology.
- Franklin University
Program related scholarships
- Betty Jean Morford Scholarship