Classes to be offered January 2017
Stark State College announces the opening of a temporary site at 755 White Pond Dr. in Akron, where the College will begin offering classes in January 2017. The temporary site enables the College to serve student need and demand until the permanent Stark State College Akron facility at Perkins and Market streets is completed.
Stark State College Akron’s temporary site will operate day and evening classes Monday through Friday.
The College is preparing to announce enrollment days and admissions office hours, but students can register now for spring classes via www.starkstate.edu/admissions or by calling 330-494-6170, ext. 4228. Akron-area residents are encouraged to enroll early as space is limited to the first 1,000 students. For more information, email email@example.com.
Get answers to your questions
Temporary Location – 755 White Pond Dr.
- View list of courses to begin January 2017
- Stark State also offers classes online, so you can start now!
- Or consider Stark State’s Barberton Satellite.
- Construction of the permanent facility will take about two years to complete. Read full College news release>>
- View list of courses to begin January 2017 at the College’s temporary location
- Stark State College is committed to offering degrees and certificates that will best meet the needs of our students and the demands of the workforce.
- The College is currently working through the process of curriculum selection, and in the meantime, please visit our website for a complete listing of online offerings and current offerings at Barberton and main campus. As the curriculum is determined, we’ll post options and updates at www.starkstate.edu/akron, so you can plan ahead.
- Stark State College Akron will be located on one of the most active Metro lines, and will have onsite parking.
- If you’re interested in starting before the location is open, there is service to our other locations. Please visit SARTA’s or Metro’s websites for information on timing and routes.
- Community colleges fully collaborate and enhance the community. Located in accessible areas with affordable https://www.starkstate.edu/tuitioncomparison/, high-quality programming, community colleges, like Stark State, exist to help residents gain the skills they need to secure a job in a high-demand, high-growth field and to help business and industry secure the talented workforce they need to operate.
- Regardless of what stage of life you are in, community colleges can be the solution to underemployment and unemployment. Earning an industry credential, certificate or associate degree can improve job prospects and quality of life. Community colleges also offer transfer opportunities to many universities and colleges, so students can complete their bachelor’s degrees and more https://www.starkstate.edu/ohio-credit-transfer-information/.
- Stark State College is the 4th largest of the 23 community colleges in Ohio, employing 1,100 full- and part-time employees.
To sign up for updates, please complete the REQUEST INFO form (button above) and select Akron as your prospective campus.