CLASSES Now offered at 755 White Pond Drive
At Stark State College Akron we offers flexible scheduling including day and/or evening classes as well as online opportunities. So you can plan ahead, we’ll continue to post new class options and updates. Choose one of these programs to get your full degree at Stark State College Akron at White Pond – or get a start on one of our many other degrees and finish at our main campus in North Canton or our Stark State College Akron Perkins location opening Fall 2018.
The number one reason why students choose Stark State College is our affordability. Not only does Stark State maintain a low tuition rate, our knowledgeable financial aid specialists help students explore the many grants, loans and scholarships that can help finance their education. More than half of all Stark State students have no out-of-pocket education expenses, thanks to scholarships and financial aid.
The current cost per credit hour is $153.60.
For a full listing tuition and fees, go to www.starkstate.edu/tuition
Stark State College handed out $280,000 in scholarships to its students during the most recent academic year.
SSC scholarships helped people like Ralphelle Smith, a nontraditional student from Akron working on a Stark State associate degree in automotive technology who’s excited about the College’s new Akron campus. “Every scholarship dollar I received has assisted me with my education and my future career goals,” he said. “It’s nice to know that companies, individuals and Stark State College care about me and my educational success.”
Scholarship money also is helping students like Bailey Doerfler of Mogadore. The computer graphic arts-digital photography major received a GAR Foundation College Credit Plus scholarship that’s helped her advance her goal of graduating debt-free. “I’ve found Stark State a great place to earn my education and I take every opportunity to tell my friends that I am gaining a wonderful education at a very affordable price,” she said. “I wish all graduating seniors knew the economic advantage of completing your first two years of college at Stark State.”
View all scholarships at www.starkstate.edu/scholarships
Stark State College Akron’s location along Route 8 at the Perkins Street exit is currently under construction. The 50,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility is scheduled for completion in March 2018, opening in Fall 2018. Watch the live web cam feed provided by Welty Building Company.
Get answers to your questions
- Stark State College Akron will be located on one of the most active Metro lines, and will have onsite parking.
- If you’re interested in starting before the location is open, there is service to our other locations. Please visit SARTA’s or Metro’s websites for information on timing and routes.
- Community colleges fully collaborate and enhance the community. Located in accessible areas with affordable https://www.starkstate.edu/tuitioncomparison/, high-quality programming, community colleges, like Stark State, exist to help residents gain the skills they need to secure a job in a high-demand, high-growth field and to help business and industry secure the talented workforce they need to operate.
- Regardless of what stage of life you are in, community colleges can be the solution to underemployment and unemployment. Earning an industry credential, certificate or associate degree can improve job prospects and quality of life. Community colleges also offer transfer opportunities to many universities and colleges, so students can complete their bachelor’s degrees and more https://www.starkstate.edu/ohio-credit-transfer-information/.
- Stark State College is the 4th largest of the 23 community colleges in Ohio, employing 1,100 full- and part-time employees.
To sign up for updates, please complete the REQUEST INFO form (button above) and select Akron as your prospective location.