Computer science, information technology, security and digital media
Enjoy being creative with accuracy and precision?
Like being presented with a technical problem and troubleshooting to find the solution?
Thrive on change and learning the newest technology and techniques?
Programs in this Career Community lead to careers in computer engineering, computer graphics, computer network administration, computer programming, computer science and engineering technology, computer technology, cyber security, digital video and media, music production, video game design, web design and transfer programs in these fields.
Critical skills and abilities
- complex problem solving
- critical thinking
- problem sensitivity
- reading comprehension
- written communication
Technical skills and knowledge
- computers and electronics
- engineering and technology
- operating system software
If you know this Career Community is the right fit for you but you’re unsure of your major, choose the computer science, information technology, security and digital media exploratory major to get started in the right direction. Your first 15 credit hours are applicable to all majors within this career community and you’ll get the experience to know which major is right for you. See admissions to apply.
If you are unsure if this Career Community is right for you, connect with career services to explore your options.
- Computer engineering
- Computer network administration and security technology
- Computer programming and database
- Computer science and engineering technology
- Computer technology
- Cyber security and computer forensics technology
- Help desk/computer support specialist
- Mobile application development
- Video game design and development
- Web design and development
- C++ programming
- Cisco technology
- Computer maintenance and desktop support technician
- Computer science
- Data analytics
- Java programming
- Microsoft networking
- Microsoft SQL server
- Oracle database
- Video game design
- and more … View all certificates