Computer science and engineering technology
Enter a world where software development and engineering are put into action. Our computer science and engineering technology program allows the student to go behind the scenes, applying creativity to high-tech toys. The student will have the opportunity to operate, describe and design state of- the-art hardware and software systems. Our faculty will make students aware of contemporary issues in this field in both social and global contexts. Graduates will have a deep understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities involved in the profession, while effectively demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, the associate degree in computer science and engineering technology can be earned completely online. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, students can complete an associate degree in computer science and engineering technology in as little as two years.
Graduates of this program will
- develop software using the major software development language
- design, describe, and use state-of-the-art hardware/software systems;
- maintain an awareness of contemporary issues in computer science and engineering in a global and societal context and an understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities of their profession;
- demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with an computer science certificate, java programming certificate or C++ programming certificate, taking classes that directly apply to the associate degree in computer science and engineering technology:
- Associate of applied science in computer science and engineering
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire, organize, and evaluate terminology and information for making decisions and solving problems and providing solutions in a Computer Science and Engineering environment.
- Demonstrate employability skills and professionalism through sound work habits, ethics, and responsibility, and work individually and in diverse team settings.
- Demonstrate solution strategies to formulate and write project descriptions and documents by using the appropriate computational, technical, and communication skills and technologies relating to the Computer Science and Engineering field.
- Given a set of facts demonstrate the ability to gather relevant information using available resources for the purposes of conducting an investigation or solving a problem, create a comprehensive report detailing their work and provide an oral statement summarizing the results.