Computer science and engineering technology
Enter a world where software development and engineering are put into action. Our computer science and engineering technology program allows the student to go behind the scenes, applying creativity to high-tech toys. The student will have the opportunity to operate, describe and design state of- the-art hardware and software systems. Our faculty will make students aware of contemporary issues in this field in both social and global contexts. Graduates will have a deep understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities involved in the profession, while effectively demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, the associate degree in computer science and engineering technology can be earned completely online. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, students can complete an associate degree in computer science and engineering technology in as little as two years.
Graduates of this program will
- develop software using the major software development language
- design, describe, and use state-of-the-art hardware/software systems;
- maintain an awareness of contemporary issues in computer science and engineering in a global and societal context and an understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities of their profession;
- demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
Your pathway to a degree
You can start with an computer science certificate, taking classes that directly apply to the associate degree in computer science and engineering technology:
- Associate of applied science in computer science and engineering