This major blends management skills with a basic knowledge of the health care industry, anatomy, physiology, insurance and medical terminology.
Health service managers who want to enhance their management skills in the rapidly changing health care field will gain business management savvy along with a working knowledge of claims processing and the health care industry, and will be able to communicate using medical terminology.
Work in many areas, including
- health care
Prepare for a career as an
- entry-level claims processor
- Associate of applied business
Program learning outcomes
- Describe and analyze patterns of organizational behavior within contemporary organizations and apply management skills, human relations skills and motivational methods to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Apply appropriate mathematical, statistical and other quantitative and business methods to analyze business situations.
- Demonstrate and apply professionalism, teamwork, and written and oral communications skills.
- Utilize specialized business skills in the areas of marketing, entrepreneurship, business development, operations, economics, as applicable, to understand businesses and how they interact with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Formulate goals and strategies to analyze the internal and external environment of business and demonstrate proficiency with developing strategies to identify and solve organizational problems for new and existing businesses.