You’ll get the financial savvy demanded by today’s business environment. With local companies expanding into the global marketplace, employers are looking for the competitive edge of high-level skill sets from corporate finance professionals. And with this degree, you’ll be one of them.
In addition, the associate degree in corporate finance can be earned completely online. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, students can complete an associate degree in corporate finance in as little as two years.
Work in many areas, including
- mid-size to large corporations
- investment firms or insurance companies
- small accounting firms
- government entities
Prepare for a career as a/an
- accounting clerk
- financial analyst
- financial advisor
- Associate of applied business in accounting
- Institute of Management Accountants Scholarships
Program learning outcomes
- Prepare and analyze the various types of financial information essential for internal and external recordkeeping, reporting and decision making.
- Exhibit a general knowledge of business taxation principles and regulations, including the ability to analyze complex taxation scenarios. Also exhibit an understanding of the nature of business fraud and the responsibility of management for fraud prevention and detection.
- Analyze financial statements, with a particular emphasis on how that analysis impacts managerial decision making. Demonstrate the ability to evaluate liquidity and profitability and to utilize financial data to minimize corporate financial risk.
- Demonstrate the ability to compute cash flows, determine the corporation’s cost of capital, and discuss the risks and costs associated with various forms of corporate financing. Also demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of how money and banking impact corporate financial managers.