Our dental hygiene students perform the following preventive and therapeutic services under the supervision of licensed dental professionals.
*Please note that our services are not intended to replace comprehensive dental care provided by your own dentist. If your dental exam reveals that you have needs beyond what we can treat in our Clinic, you will be referred to your dentist or a specialist. If you do not have a dentist, we can assist you in finding one.
Dental Hygiene Clinic services include
- health screening (blood pressure check, oral cancer screening)
- dental examination
- oral prophylaxis (cleaning and polishing the teeth)
- oral health instruction (with home care kit)
- necessary x-rays
- fluoride treatment
- denture/removable appliance cleaning
- sealants (when indicated)
- nutritional counseling
- risk assessment